Crosby from Home
Welcome to our “Crosby from Home ” information page. During this uncertain time, check this area for updates to our program and events, along with additional resources. We are here for you!
Please continue checking your Crosby Scholars Student Portal and following us on social media. We are @CrosbyScholars on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. The majority of our staff is working remotely, but we are accessible by office phones and email. Your wellbeing, as well as that of the Crosby staff, is paramount. We urge our Crosby Scholars family to follow suggested safety protocol in response to the coronavirus.
Community Resources + Information
Do you need assistance? No matter where you live in NC, you can dial 2-1-1 and a compassionate, trained NC 2-1-1 call specialist will help you to find available resources in your community. NC 211 is an information and referral service provided by United Way of North Carolina. Families and individuals can dial 2-1-1 or 1-888-892-1162 to obtain free and confidential information on health and human services and resources within their community. Learn more at nc211.org or How to 211.
- Forsyth County COVID-19 Updates
- Forsyth County Department of Public Health for up-to-date COVID-19 Testing and Free Flu Shot information in Forsyth County.
- NCDHHS Find My Testing Place to find a testing place or event near you. As a reminder, nasal swab testing is at no-cost. Insurance will be billed, if applicable. For individuals without insurance, the Health Resources and Service Administration will be billed. Again, at no charge to you.
- NCDHHS Find Your Spot to Take Your Shot
- Goodwill Community Learning Site for middle or high school students who need internet access for school in a distraction-free learning space.
- Winston-Salem Urban League Summer Youth Employment Program provides low-income teenagers (ages 15-19) with leadership development, life skills training, and career and college exploration. Each participant earns a stipend while working at a local business.
- Help Control the Spread
- COVID-19: How to Protect Yourself and Others
- NCDHHS COVID-19 Response
- SlowCOVIDNC Exposure Notification App
- Mental Health Association in Forsyth County is the community connector, educator and resource navigator for mental health care in Forsyth County, North Carolina.
- Immunizations Assessment Deadline Extension for School-Aged Children
Information from WS/FCS
Financial Information + Assistance
- Second Harvest Find Food Now Tool can help you obtain food for yourself or your family.
- Housing Opportunities and Prevention of Evictions (HOPE) Program
- Financial Pathways of the Piedmont
- ESR's Emergency Empowerment and Readiness Initiative to support local community members impacted by the novel coronavirus.
- AFCPE®, the Wells Fargo Foundation and Yellow Ribbon Network AFCPE® certified financial counselors and coaches are now offering unbiased and fully confidential virtual financial counseling and coaching sessions – free to individuals and families who are struggling with the financial implications of COVID-19.
Career + Job Seeking Services
- Goodwill’s Forsyth County Career Connections Centers provide comprehensive resources for unemployed and underemployed individuals in the community.
- NCWorks Career Center
- NCWorks Piedmont Triad Regional NextGen Youth Program for youth ages 16-24 who need additional assistance to enter or complete an education program or to secure or hold employment.
- Winston-Salem State University Job Corps Scholar Program a free two-year program for 16-24 year olds seeking employment assistance.
Zoom™ Virtual Backgrounds
Try a custom Crosby Scholars Zoom™ background featuring Winston-Salem, local colleges, and celebrating the Class of 2021! Add your new background by saving the image you would like to use below. Check out our How to Guide to add your background to Zoom™.