How does the Crosby Scholars Program assist middle school students?
- Offers academic and personal growth workshops
- Provides opportunities to participate in community service activities
- Introduces students to local college campuses and career exploration
- Encourages a drug-free lifestyle
- Recognizes students who complete Program requirements annually
What is required of middle school Crosby Scholars each school year?
- Attend one Crosby Scholars Academy (in-person and virtual opportunities).
- Perform at least two hours of community service and submit a community service form.
- Maintain good citizenship by not receiving out-of-school suspension.
Crosby Scholars Academy
Spring 2022-2023 Academy DatesAcademies are workshops that help prepare your student and develop their academic and interpersonal skills. We offer a variety of topics including goal setting and soft skills. These sessions are highly interactive and hosted by experienced teachers or guest speakers. Academies will begin in October and will be offered both virtually via Zoom and in-person. Registration is required in your Crosby Scholars Student Portal.
- Saturday, January 21: 9:00am-10:00am at Forsyth Tech Community College
- Saturday, February 25: 9:00am-10:00am at Forsyth Tech Community College
- Tuesday, January 10: 4:00-5:00 pm - Via Zoom
- Friday, January 27: 10:00am-11:00am - Via Zoom (WSFCS Teacher Professional Day)
- Thursday, February 16: 4:00pm-5:00pm - Via Zoom
- Monday, February 20: 1:00pm-2:00pm - Via Zoom (WSFCS Teacher Professional Day)
Registration is now open in your Crosby Scholars Student Portal. Crosby Scholars Academies are set to end in March. Please make sure you sign up for one (1) of the sessions above in order to complete this requirement.
⭐ You are not required to attend another Academy if you have already completed this requirement for the 2022-23 school year. ⭐
Not sure if you've attended? Check your status by logging in to your Crosby Scholars Student Portal.
Remember! Students are required to attend one (1) Crosby Scholars Academy each school year. Please visit your Crosby Scholars Student Portal for more details and to register.
Community Service Deadline for 6th-10th grade Crosby Scholars:
APRIL 19, 2023
What is the Crosby Scholars community service requirement?
Each Crosby Scholar in 6th through 10th grade must complete two (2) or more hours of community or volunteer service each school year. This service should be done at a not-for-profit organization or program, and students should submit the online community service form to document their hours.
Students should not be paid, or receive a grade for their volunteer service, and due to our non-profit status, we cannot accept volunteer hours from students for working on campaigns of specific candidates during the election season.
Need ideas for Community Service or want to know how we define Community Service? Visit the community service page on our website to view a list of available community service opportunities.
Community Service Contests and Highlights
The Middle School Program hosts several community service contests throughout the year.
Check out the Student Community Service feature box on our website for volunteer ideas, opportunities, community service forms, and more!
After submitting your community service hours, please allow 24 to 48 hours for your community service form to be processed. Community Service hours are recorded in your Student Portal once they are processed.
Don't forget what YOU offer the community as a Crosby Scholar. Your active volunteering makes a difference. Want your service to be highlighted? Send a picture of you volunteering with a brief quote about what you did to email@example.com and you might see it on our social media channels!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about whether your community service idea meets the requirement for the Program, please contact the Crosby Scholars Program. Crosby Scholars Program staff reserves the right to determine if a community service activity fulfills our requirement.
Enrichment and Resources
The list below is a compilation of different enrichment programs for middle and high school students for the 2022-2023 academic year. Click on each link to find out more information. We will update this list as we continue to hear about these opportunities, so stay tuned!
Check out the links below for information that was discussed in the 2021-2022 Parent Sessions:
Parent Session Information
We will be hosting both in-person and virtual Parent Sessions throughout the school year. Please see below for the next parent session:
- Saturday, December 10, 2022. This session will take place during the in-person middle school academy at Forsyth Tech. Please visit the student/parent portal for more details.
Latest on Virtual Parent Sessions
Middle School Newsletter
Each middle school student in the Program has access to a newsletter. It is published to keep students informed of activities, deadlines, and announcements. Each newsletter offers appropriate advice and assistance for a specific period of time. The link to the newsletter is emailed to middle school students and their parents/guardians.
During the 2022-23 school year, our newsletters will be sent monthly!