How does the Crosby Scholars Program assist middle school students?
- Offers academic and personal growth workshops
- Provides opportunities to participate in community service activities
- Introduces students to local college campuses and career exploration
- Encourages a drug-free lifestyle
- Recognizes students who complete Program requirements annually
What is required of middle school Crosby Scholars each school year?
- Attend one Crosby Scholars Academy (will be conducted in-person and virtually this year).
- Perform at least two hours of community service and submit a community service form.
- Maintain good citizenship by not receiving out-of-school suspension.
Crosby Scholars Academy
Academies for the 2021-2022 School Year have concluded.
If you still need academy credit for the school year, please email us at email@example.com
2021-22 Deadline for Grades 6-10 is May 13, 2022*
*The deadline for meeting the Community Service requirement has passed. However, if you are in Grades 6-9 and wish to remain in the Crosby Scholars Program please contact us for help at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crosby Scholars are required to complete two hours of community service each school year, although five are recommended for high school scholars. We appreciate that scholars are committed to completing the requirement and want to allow for students to be creative and innovative in their approach to volunteering. Please visit our Community Service page and click on Volunteer Opportunities to view both virtual and in-person opportunities.
Submitting your Community Service Form is easy!
- Submit the online form here. An adult signature is not required.
- Upload a completed 2021-22 Community Service Form to your Crosby Scholars Student Portal on the My Documents page, which is the dropdown of the My Crosby. You will see a field for 2021-22 Community Service Form.
- Email a picture of your form to our office:
- Grades 6-8: email@example.com
- Fax your form to (336) 725-1321
- Make a copy or take a picture of your form for your records and mail it to Crosby Scholars Community Partnership at 2701 University Parkway, Winston-Salem, NC 27105.
- Make a copy or take a picture of the form for your records and submit it at your school's Student Services office.
To check if you have completed the Community Service requirement for Crosby Scholars, follow the steps below:
- Login to your Crosby Scholars Student Portal here
- Click My Status on the menu bar
- Scroll down to Program Requirements
- View Community Service and Community Service Hours Received
Questions? Please contact us!
Call our office at (336) 725-5371 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Service Contests and Highlights
The Middle School Program hosts several community service contests throughout the year.
Check out the Student Community Service feature box on our website for volunteer ideas, opportunities, community service forms, and more!
After submitting your community service hours, please allow 24 to 48 hours for your community service form to be processed. Community Service hours are recorded in your Student Portal once they are processed.
Don't forget what YOU offer the community as a Crosby Scholar. Your active volunteering makes a difference. Want your service to be highlighted? Send a picture of you volunteering with a brief quote about what you did to email@example.com and you might see it on our social media channels!
Parent Session Information
We will offer numerous opportunities this year for parents to learn more about the Crosby Scholars Program. Check out the links below for information that was discussed in the 2019-2020 Parent Sessions:
- Hello Middle School Infographic
- Crosby Scholars Program History
- Crosby Scholars Quick Facts
- College is Affordable - Financial Aid Infographic
- CFNC College Is Affordable Brochure
- CFNC NC 529 College Savings Plan Brochure
We will also be hosting both in-person and virtual Parent Sessions throughout the school year. We will be announcing dates for these sessions soon!
Middle School Newsletter
Each middle school student in the Program has access to a newsletter titled Middle School. It Matters. It is published to keep students informed of activities, deadlines, and announcements. Each newsletter offers appropriate advice and assistance for a specific period of time. The link to the newsletter is emailed to middle school students and their parents/guardians.
During the 2021-22 school year, our Middle School. It Matters. newsletters will be sent in September, January, and May!
The September 2021 issue of the Middle School. It Matters. newsletter can be found here!
The Spring 2022 issue of Middle School. It Matters. newsletter can be found here!