Not sure where to begin? Start by thinking of things you are passionate about! Then, look for something related to that. Connecting your passions with the community's needs can help you find a meaningful community service experience.
Love animals? With ZSL Instant Wild, you can help review digital images and videos of animals in the wild to assist with conservation efforts!
Want to search by skill and interest? Check out the Love Out Loud Volunteer Base to find local opportunities related to your passions and skills to find service opportunities you will love!
Want virtual and in-person options? Check out Points of Light Engage which pulls together volunteer opportunities listed online.
Enjoy history, science, and artifacts? The Smithsonian Transcription Center relies on digital volunteers to help transcribe items. You can help others engage in immersive learning experiences through the Smithsonian!
Questions? Please contact us!
- 6th-8th Grade at email@example.com
- 9th-10th Grade at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 11th-12th Grade at email@example.com
Crosby Scholars are required to complete two hours of community service each school year. Scholars must submit a form – either online or via a paper copy to document their hours to complete this requirement for Crosby Scholars.
2023-24 Community Service Deadlines
Grade 12: January 31, 2024 | Grade 11: January 31, 2025 | Grades 6-10: April 24, 2024
View a list of current virtual community service opportunities submitted to Crosby Scholars below. Click on the opportunity for more information.
- Crosby Cares for Kids
- Create a babysitting care plan and implement it!
- Crosby + SPARK Serving Animal Shelters
- Make no-bake dog treats for local animal shelters.
- Forsyth County Public Library
- Join the Teen Advisory Board!
- Love Community Development Corporation
- Be a Reading Buddy for elementary school students.
- Love for Our Elders
- Help elders feel cared for by writing creative letters!
- Operation Gratitude
- Make a gift, bracelet, or write to our military and first responders.
- PROJECT Spread JOY
- Write letters to bring JOY to Seniors!
- SECU Family House
- Make a meal, snack bags, welcome bags, or homemade desserts and goodies for families.
- Senior Services
- Share a little joy with an older adult in our community by writing a letter or making a card.
- Trellis Supportive Care
- Make some sweet treats for residents at Kate B. Reynolds Hospice House.
- Join student musicians from across the country to share your music talents with older adults who live in assisted living facilities.
- VIP Tutoring
- Help students in grades K-8th with homework and skills enrichment. Opportunity open to students in Grades 9-12.
View a list of current in-person community service opportunities submitted to Crosby Scholars below. Click on the opportunity for more information.
- American Red Cross
- Assist by greeting others, cleaning, and managing donor questions
- Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Health Clinic
- Volunteer in a free Health Clinic for the uninsured of Winston-Salem (18+)
- Assist at author events, book build processing, and bookstore help
- Celebrity Cake Decorating Competition - October 14, 2023
- Create lasting memories for children, with cake!
- Carolina Classic Fair: Deer Park School Day - October 2, 2023
- Collect school supply donations at the Carolina Classic Fair!
- CROP Hunger Walk Winston-Salem/Forsyth County - October 15, 2023
- Facilitate a Walk to fight food insecurity!
- Diaper Bank of NC
- Help wrap diapers and prepare for distribution
- Educator Warehouse
- Help in the “teacher’s store”
- Hospice Companionship at Mountain Valley Hospice
- Bring joy to patients and families with your time and talent
- Southeastern Blind Bowlers Tournament - October 28th & 29th, 2023
- Assisting total and partially blind individuals in a bowling tournament
- Sustainability Recycling Event - October 28, 2023 & April 13, 2024
- Help residents unload recyclables and sort them into appropriate tubs
- Friends of Odd Fellows Cemetery Restoration
- Help do field work or remotely help with ancestry investigation
- Forest Restoration Parkway United Church of Christ
- Restore a forested area by moving mulch, brush, and plants
- Forsyth Humane Society
- Help with cleaning, community outreach, or provide comfort to animals in need
- Habitat for Humanity of Forsyth County
- Help in the Habitat for Humanity 'Restore'
- Habitat for Humanity of Forsyth County - Site Volunteer
- Help with construction and minor home repairs
- Happy Hill Cemetery
- Assist with maintenance of the grounds
- Hope to Thrive
- Help set up, clean up, and garden
- H.O.P.E. of Winston-Salem
- Assemble meals for children and pack bags of fresh produce
- Joy Prom - September 23, 2023
- Spread joy at a full-scale prom for special needs adults age 16+
- Love Community Development Corporation
- Assist with different services helping seniors
- NJMC Food Pantry
- Help organize and stock the food pantry
- Riverwood Therapeutic Riding Center
- Help with basic lawn care
- Salvation Army Kettle Bell Ringing - November 17 - December 23
- Bring in the season's joy with a kettle bell ring!
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- Help prepare food for others
- The Shalom Project
- Help with children
- Winston-Salem Rescue Mission
- Help prepare meals, make goodie bags, or drop off items needed