The Excelencia Program, is a specialized program for Hispanic/Latina middle and high school females in the WS/FCS system.The program helps young females understand the benefits of a higher education and participants have the opportunity to meet successful Hispanic/Latina women from the Winston-Salem community and learn how they overcame barriers and achieved academic and career success.
- Reduce, with the goal of eliminating, school dropout rates of Hispanic girls.
- Work with students in the program ¡Soy Unica! ¡Soy Latina! to help them understand who they are and enhance their self-esteem.
- Educate Hispanic parents about educational requirements and opportunities for their students.
- Educate parents/guardians/care givers about academic excellence, scholarships, high school graduation requirements and college enrollment criteria for North Carolina public colleges and universities.
- Assist with Exitoral workshops to help parents work collaboratively with their children and the school system.
Want to be part of the Excelencia program? Email Lina Lozada, Hispanic Outreach Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (336) 725-5371.