Realizing that college preparation must begin early, Program staff assigns 9th- and 10th-grade scholars a volunteer Crosby Scholars Grade Advisor.
- The Grade Advisor Program was established to offer underclassmen the opportunity to meet with an advisor during the spring semester of each school year.
- Grade Advisor assignments are based on the scholar's grade and high school. Scholars are notified by email when their Grade Advisor assignment is confirmed.
- Grade Advisor meetings are group meetings and therefore are not rescheduled unless school is closed or after-school activities are canceled.
- Topics discussed at Grade Advisor meetings help prepare scholars for the college admission process.
- Meetings are held monthly beginning with a kick-off pizza party in January. The Grade Advisor program concludes in May with an end-of-year reception. Scholars are required to register online to attend meetings #1 (pizza party) and #5 (end-of-year reception) only. Online registration is not required to attend meetings #2, #3, and #4.
- Meetings are held after school, at school, and last approximately 30-40 minutes. (Early College, Paisley, and Winston Salem Prep Academy meet during the school day.)
- Attendance is taken at each meeting and is recorded in our office.
- Students who miss any meeting should sign on to the webinar at the end of each month to review the material that was covered. Handouts will be posted in the Crosby Scholars student portal; no paper copies will be distributed during the meetings.
- Meeting dates are posted on the Crosby bulletin board, announced at the high schools, and emailed to scholars. Meeting dates are also posted on the homepage of this website under Registration and Announcements.