How does the Crosby Scholars Program assist 9th grade students?
- Offers academic and personal growth workshops
- Provides opportunities to participate in community service activities
- Introduces students to local college campuses and career exploration
- Encourages a drug-free lifestyle
- Recognizes students who complete Program requirements annually
- Invites students to be ambassadors and develop leadership skills through the Leadership Council
What is required of 9th grade Crosby Scholars each school year?
- Attend one Crosby Scholars Academy (in-person and virtual opportunities).
- Perform at least two hours of community service and submit a community service form.
- Maintain good citizenship by not receiving out-of-school suspension.
Spring 2022-2023 Academy Dates
Academies are workshops that help prepare students and develop their academic and interpersonal skills. We offer a variety of topics including Time management, stress management, career exploration, college preparation, and more. These sessions are highly interactive and hosted by experienced teachers or guest speakers. Academies are offered both in-person and virtually via Zoom.
- Saturday, January 21: 10:30am - 11:30am at Forsyth Tech Community College
- Saturday, February 25:10:30am - 11:30am at Forsyth Tech Community College
- Tuesday, January 10:5:30pm-6:30pm - Via Zoom
- Friday, January 27:11:30am-12:30pm - Via Zoom (WSFCS Teacher Professional Day)
- Thursday, February 16: 5:30-6:30pm - Via Zoom
- Monday, February 20:2:30-3:30pm - Via Zoom (WSFCS Teacher Professional Day)
Registration is now open in your Crosby Scholars Student Portal. Crosby Scholars Academies are set to end in March. Please make sure you sign up for one (1) of the sessions above in order to complete this requirement.
⭐ You are not required to attend another Academy if you have already completed this requirement for the 2022-23 school year. ⭐
Not sure if you've attended? Check your status by logging in to your Crosby Scholars Student Portal.
Remember! Students are required to attend one (1) Crosby Scholars Academy each school year. Please visit your Crosby Scholars Student Portal for more details and to register.
2022-23 Deadline for Grades 6-10 is April 19, 2023
Crosby Scholars are required to complete two hours of community service each school year, although five are recommended for high school scholars. We appreciate that scholars are committed to completing the requirement and want to allow for students to be creative and innovative in their approach to volunteering. Please visit our Community Service page and click on Volunteer Opportunities to view both virtual and in-person opportunities.
Submitting your Community Service Form is easy!
- Submit the online form here. An adult signature is not required.
- Email a picture of your form to our office:
- 9th-10th Grade at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax your form to (336) 725-1321
- Make a copy or take a picture of your form for your records and mail it to Crosby Scholars Community Partnership at 2701 University Parkway, Winston-Salem, NC 27105.
- Make a copy or take a picture of the form for your records and submit it at your school's Student Services office.
To check if you have completed the Community Service requirement for Crosby Scholars, follow the steps below:
- Login to your Crosby Scholars Student Portal here
- Click My Status on the menu bar
- Scroll down to Program Requirements
- View Community Service and Community Service Hours Received
Questions? Please contact us!
Call our office at (336) 725-5371 or email us at email@example.com.
Enrichment and Resources
The list below is a compilation of different enrichment programs for middle and high school students for the 2022-2023 academic year. Click on each link to find out more information. We will update this list as we continue to hear about these opportunities, so stay tuned!
Check out the links below for information that was discussed in the 2021-2022 Parent Sessions:
CrosbyPlus : Advisor Program
CrosbyPlus: Coming Soon
Previously known as the Grade Advisor Program.
What is CrosbyPlus??
CrosbyPlus is designed to help prepare Crosby Scholars for the college admission process by building a foundation that will successfully launch them into the junior and senior years. We will post 2 tik tok videos on a specific topic, and Scholars will be invited to attend a check-in group meeting at the end of each month.
Follow these simple steps to participate:
1. Follow @crosbyscholars on Tik Tok
2. Watch the 5 latest videos
Each Freshman in the Program has access to a monthly newsletter. It is published to keep students informed of activities, deadlines, and announcements. Each newsletter offers appropriate advice and assistance for a specific period of time. The link to the newsletter is emailed to freshmen and their parents/guardians.