Seniors are required to attend two Crosby Senior Academies (CSA), which are offered during the summer and throughout the school year. Topics range from preparing for the ACT and SAT to completing the FAFSA. Online registration is required through the Crosby Scholars student portal. Within a few days following an academy, seniors can check their Academy status through their student portal.
- Plan wisely in order to complete this requirement-- seniors are required to attend only two academies, so the Program does NOT offer a make-up session.
- To receive credit for attending an academy, scholars must: arrive on time, sign in, stay for the entire academy, and submit a confirmation of attendance at the end. Scholars who skip any of the steps to this process DO NOT receive acdemy credit.
- Seniors who have a question on the day of the academy outside of office hours may call the office cell phone at 336.782.7859
- Seniors who register for an academy but do not attend and do not cancel their registration prior to the event will jeopardize their status in the Program.
2017-2018 Senior Academy Schedule
Once dates/times are confirmed, they will be added to the website and your Crosby Scholars student portal.
- CSA #1A Preparing for the ACT: Math and Science was held on July 10 from 9:00am-11:30am; #1B was held on August 29 from 6:30pm-8:30pm
- CSA #2A Preparing for the ACT: Reading and Writing was held on July 19 from 10:00am-12:00pm; #2B was held on September 5 from 6:30pm-8:30pm
- CSA #3A Preparing for the SAT: Math was held on August 2 from 1:00pm-3:00pm; #3B was held on September 25 from 6:30-8:30pm
- CSA #4A Preparing for the SAT: Critical Reading and Writing was held on August 17 from 2:00pm-4:00pm; #4B was held on September 18 from 6:30-8:30pm
- CSA #5A Engaging Your Future was be held on July 20 from 1:00pm-3:00pm; #5B will be held on November 6 from 6:00-7:30pm
- CSA #6A Take the ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery): Career Exploration Exam; #6B administered by Crosby Scholars on October 30 from 9:00am-12:00pm
- CSA #7 Financial Basics for High School and Beyond is an online, self-paced Crosby Senior Academy through CFNC's Financial Basics for High School and Beyond. Deadline February 2, 2018
- CSA #7 Financial Basics for High School and Beyond workshop was held on August 22 from 9:00am-11:00am
- CSA #8 Applying to Highly Selective Schools was held on August 8 from 1:00pm-3:00pm.
- CSA #9A College Application Lab was held on August 7 from 9:00am-11:00am; #9B was held on August 7 from 1:00-3:00pm; #9C was held on August 7 from 3:00-5:00pm; #9D was held on August 8 from 9:00-11:00am; #9E was held on August 8 from 11:00am-1:00pm; #9F was held on August 8 from 1:00-3:00pm; #9G was held on August 8 from 3:00-5:00pm; #9H was held on August 16 from 9:00am-11:00am; #9I was held on August 16 from 1:00pm-3:00pm; #9J will be held on November 15 from 4:00-5:30pm; #9K will be held on November 15 from 5:30-7:00pm.
- CSA #10A Scholarships Lab was held on August 9 from 9:00am-11:00am; #10B was held on August 9 from 1:00-3:00pm. #10C was held on August 10 from 9:00am-11:00am; #10D was held on August 10 from 11:00am-1:00pm; #10E was held on August 10 from 1:00pm-3:00pm; CSA #10F was held on October 30 from 1:30-2:30pm; CSA #10G will be held on October 30 from 2:30-3:30pm; CSA #10H was held on October 30 from 3:30-4:30pm; #10I was held on November 10 from 11:00am-12:00pm; #10J was held on November 10 from 1:30-2:30pm; #10K was held on November 10 from 2:30-3:30pm
- CSA #11A Writing the College Admissions Essay was held on September 11 from 6:30-8:00pm; #11B was held on October 11 from 6:00-7:30pm
- CSA #12 Making The Most of Your College Visits was held on September 12 from 6:00-7:30pm
- CSA #13A Essay Writing BootCamp was held on September 13 from 6:30-8:30pm; #13B was held on September 19 from 6:30-8:30pm; #13C was held on September 21 from 6:30-8:30pm; #13D was held on October 19 from 5:30-7:30pm; #13E was held on October 25 from 5:30-7:30p; #13F was held on November 7 from 6:00-8:00pm
- CSA #14A Completing Your FAFSA was held on September 28 from 6:30-8:00pm; #14B was held on October 2 from 6:00-7:00pm at the Benton Convention Center; #14C was held on October 9 from 6:30pm-8:00pm
- CSA #15A FAFSA Workshop was held on October 18 from 2:00-3:00pm; #15B was held on October 18 from 3:00-4:00pm; #15C was held on October 18 from 4:00-5:00pm; #15D was held on November 10 from 9:00-10:00am; #15E was held on November 10 from 10:00-11:00am; #15F was held on Novembre 10 from 3:30-4:30pm
- CSA #16 Destination: Community College was held on October 12 from 6:00-7:30pm at the Oak Grove Center at Forsyth Technical Community College.
CSA #17A Scholarships: Seeking Additional Funding For Your Education was held on October 2 from 6:30-7:30pm at the Benton Convention Center; #17B Webinar will be held on December 7 from 6:30-7:30pm.
- CSA #18 Taking A Gap Year will be held on December 12 from 5:30-6:30pm
- CSA #20 Transitioning to College for Students with Disabilities was held on October 17 from 6:00-7:30pm
CSA #21 Entendiendo el proceso de Ayuda Financiera Estudiantil
will be held on
CSA #22 Listos Para el Exito! Como prepararse para la Universidad y una Carrera will be held in January.
- CSA #23 Your Digital Footprint Matters will be held on November 29 from 6:00-7:30pm.
- The US Military and Higher Education
- Listos Para el Exito! Como prepararse para la Universidad y una Carrera
- College Survival Skills -- will be held on March 17.