Seniors are required to attend two Crosby Senior Academies (CSA), which are offered during the summer and throughout the school year. Topics range from preparing for the ACT and SAT to completing the FAFSA. Online registration is required through the Crosby Scholars student portal. Within a few days following an academy, seniors can check their Academy status through their student portal.
- Plan wisely in order to complete this requirement-- seniors are required to attend only two academies, so the Program does NOT offer a make-up session.
- To receive credit for attending an academy, scholars must: arrive on time, sign in, stay for the entire academy, and submit a confirmation of attendance at the end. Scholars who skip any of the steps to this process DO NOT receive acdemy credit.
- Seniors who have a question on the day of the academy outside of office hours may call the office cell phone at 336.782.7859
- Seniors who register for an academy but do not attend and do not cancel their registration prior to the event will jeopardize their status in the Program.
2017-2018 Proposed Senior Academy Topics
Once dates/times are confirmed, they will be added to the website and your Crosby Scholars student portal.
- CSA #1A Preparing for the ACT: Math and Science will be held on July 10 from 9:00am-11:30am
- CSA #2A Preparing for the ACT: Reading and Writing will be held on July 19 from 10:00am-12:00pm
- CSA #3A Preparing for the SAT: Math will be held on August 2 from 1:00pm-3:00pm
- CSA #4A Preparing for the SAT: Critical Reading and Writing will be held on August 17 from 2:00pm-4:00pm
- CSA #5A Engaging Your Future will be held on July 20 from 1:00pm-3:00pm
- CSA #6 Take the ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery): Career Exploration Exam
- CSA #7 Financial Basics for High School and Beyond is an online, self-paced Crosby Senior Academy through CFNC's Financial Basics for High School and Beyond. Deadline February 2, 2018
- Applying to Highly Selective Schools
- The US Military and Higher Education
- Taking A Gap Year
- Making The Most of Your College Visits
- Scholarship Lab
- Essay Writing BootCamp
- Writing the College Admission Essay
- Completing Your FAFSA
- Transitioning to College for Students with Disabilities
- Listos Para el Exito! Como prepararse para la Universidad y una Carrera
- Scholarships: Seeking Additional Funding For Your Education
- Destination: Community College
- College Survival Skills