- This event has passed.
Right Decisions/Right Now Scholarship Opens
The Right Decisions/Right Now Scholarship
The Right Decisions Right Now Scholarship provides a $1,000 non-renewable scholarship annually to three graduating Crosby Scholar seniors whose sound decision-making skills are personified in their exemplary character, strength in leadership, and contributions to school and community.
**Right Decisions/Right Now Camp is a school-based youth tobacco prevention program with a focus on decision making skills created by Lifetime Learning Systems, Inc. and funded by R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company. Each summer, the Crosby Scholars Program sponsors a four-day summer camp to encourage students in grades six through nine to remain tobacco free for life. The summer camp features three days of workshops and one field trip to city agencies such as the Health and Police Departments. Students participate in an interactive experience that helps them to make good decisions. Participants completing all program requirements may be eligible to apply for special scholarships upon high school graduation and successful completion of the Crosby Scholars Senior Program.
To be considered for this award, applicants must:
- have attended a complete week of the Right Decisions/Right Now camp**
- must hold a cumulative weighted GPA of 2.5 or higher
- must have received a direct email from Crosby Scholars confirming eligibility
Students can begin applying on March 2, 2020 and must have completed an online application through their Crosby student portal by March 29, 2020.
The completed application includes:
1. Online application form
2. Essay explaining how your decision making throughout high school was guided by principles learned at the Right Decisions Right Now camp. Essay should not exceed 500 words.
3. Personal statement explaining why you have chosen to remain tobacco free.
4. Activities Resume – Current activities resume should be in chart form and should include the hours of participation or service for each activity. Include community service involvement, as well as any part-time employment. Use the Activities Resume in your Crosby Scholars Student Portal as a guide, if needed.
5. Letter of Recommendation – Ask an adult (other than your parent or family member) to write a letter of recommendation for you.
Letters may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 336-725-1321