- This event has passed.
Les and Evelyn Riley Memorial Scholarship Opens
Les and Evelyn Riley Memorial Scholarship
The Les and Evelyn Riley Scholarship provides one $1,200 non-renewable scholarship annually to a graduating Crosby Scholar senior with an excellent scholastic record and financial need. This scholarship was established to honor the memory of Les Riley, a long-time volunteer with the Crosby Golf Tournament. The scholarship also honors the memory of his wife of 55 years, Evelyn Weathers Riley, who strongly supported his work with The Crosby.
To be considered for this award, applicant must:
- Must demonstrate academic achievement by holding a cumulative weighted GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Must plan to enroll in a two- or four-year college or university
- Must complete all requirements of the Crosby Scholars Program
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA — Cost of Attendance (COA) is the primary consideration when determining need; eligibility is not restricted by family income level.
Students can begin applying on March 2, 2020 and must submit a completed online application through their Crosby Scholars Student Portal by March 29, 2020
The completed application includes:
- Online application form
- Student Aid Report (SAR) Upload a copy of your entire Student Aid Report. The SAR summarizes the data you and your parent(s) reported on the FAFSA.
- Essay explaining how a significant life experience has influenced him or her. Essay should not exceed 500 words.