Crosby Scholars Last Dollar Grant
What is a Last Dollar Grant?
The Last Dollar Grant is a need-based grant opportunity just for Crosby Scholars. Scholars must demonstrate not only financial need but also remaining need after the school of choice has awarded aid. Crosby Scholars who complete the Crosby Scholars Program their senior year with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher are eligible to apply for a Last Dollar Grant for up to 4 years of undergraduate study within 6 years of high school graduation. Even if a Last Dollar Grant is not awarded the first year, the student may still reapply 3 more times.
The Last Dollar Grant Application for the 2023-24 school year is NOW OPEN!
The priority deadline to apply is June 15, 2023.
The Crosby Scholars Last Dollar Grant application will first be available in your Crosby Scholars Student Portal in the spring of your senior year. The Last Dollar Grant is not automatically awarded. Scholars must meet all criteria and apply in their Crosby Scholars Student Portal. Students must reapply each year.
Am I eligible for a Last Dollar Grant?
To be eligible to apply for Crosby Scholars Last Dollar Grant, a student must:
- Complete all requirements of the Crosby Scholars Program
- Have a cumulative weighted GPA of 2.0 or higher
- A student who does not graduate from high school with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher, may apply once their college cumulative GPA is 2.0 or higher.
- Complete the FAFSA
- Be enrolling in a full-time, undergraduate degree seeking program
Note: The Crosby Scholars Last Dollar Grant is need-based financial aid. A scholar must apply for financial aid by submitting a FAFSA to be considered for a Last Dollar Grant. If you are not eligible to complete a FAFSA, please contact our office directly for instructions on how to apply.
To determine the eligibility, the Crosby Scholars staff completes a need analysis form on each scholar individually.
Documents Required to Apply
Three supporting documents must be uploaded with your Last Dollar Grant application. These documents include:
- Acceptance Letter - From the institution the student will attend
- Financial Aid Award letter - From the institution the student will attend
- Student Aid Report (SAR) - Received after you submit the FAFSA form
If the student does not have the three supporting documents by June 15, they should submit the application and then upload the supporting documents when they are received. Watch the video to learn more and see examples of the documents that are required to apply for a Last Dollar Grant!
Helpful Tips to Apply
Watch the How to Apply for a Last Dollar Grant video for a step-by-step guide to applying.
- Use Google Chrome or Firefox for your browser.
- Use a computer to apply, not your cell phone.
- Login to your Crosby Scholars Student Portal, not the Crosby Scholars Parent Portal.
- Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the application and hit the submit button to complete your Last Dollar Grant application.
Last Dollar Grant Decisions
Students will receive a notification letter posted in their Crosby Scholars Student Portal beginning July 5, 2023. We do not give decisions over the phone.
If a student is awarded a Last Dollar Grant, their award is sent directly to the institution by ACH or check to be credited to their account. The first half of the award is sent after August 1st and is to be used for the fall semester. The second half of the award is sent upon receipt of the scholar’s fall semester grades and is to be used for the spring semester.
Your fall grades must be uploaded to the Crosby Scholars Student Portal at the end of the fall semester. You do not have to submit an official college transcript. Uploading a copy of your grades printed from your college account is acceptable provided it includes your cumulative GPA.
Have a Question?
Contact Ashly Wilson, Assistant Director of Financial Aid and Advising, at 336-725-5371, or email@example.com.
You can also check out our Last Dollar Grant Frequently Asked Questions.