- This event has passed.
Jessica Hill Davis Memorial Scholarship Opens
The Jessica Hill Davis Memorial Scholarship was created to honor the memory of Jessica Davis, a Crosby Scholars senior at Reagan High School who lost her life to cystic fibrosis shortly before she was due to graduate and to enroll at North Carolina State University. This scholarship provides a $1,200 non-renewable award annually to one graduating Crosby Scholars senior.
To be considered for this award, applicant must:
- demonstrate academic achievement by holding a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher
- enroll at a public or private 2- or 4-year institution in North Carolina
- complete all requirements of the Crosby Scholars Program
- preference will be given to recipients of the Crosby Scholars Executive Directors Award (enrolled in Program since 6th grade without interruption)
Students can begin applying March 9, 2020 and must submit a completed online application through their Crosby student portal by April 5, 2020.
The completed application packet includes:
- Online application form
- Essay — In comparison to other high-school students, Jessica faced different routines, confronted different challenges, and developed unique perspectives as a result of the medical struggles involved with battling cystic fibrosis. Consider your own life/choices/conditions that are different from others and the manner in which you have faced and/or coped with them. Write a concise essay (should not exceed 500 words) on your response to the following prompt:
“I always felt different because…”
Applications will be reviewed by the scholarship committee, and finalists may be asked to interview with the committee. The scholarship recipient will be recognized at the Crosby Scholars Breakfast of Champions.