2020-21 Deadline for Grade 12: January 31, 2021
Submit the online form here. No adult signature is required!
Visit the community service page to view a list of community service opportunities you can complete at home while social distancing measures continue to be best practice.
Crosby Scholars are required to complete two hours of community service annually, although five are recommended. Scholars must submit a form – either online or via a paper copy– documenting their hours. For 2020-21, online forms can be submitted without adult signatures. However, paper copies must be signed by an adult and that adult can be a scholar’s parent/guardian.
Submitting your form is easy!
1. Submit the online form here.
2. Upload a completed 2020-21 Community Service Form to your Crosby Scholars Student Portal on the My Documents page, which is the dropdown of the My Crosby page. You will see a field for 2020-21 Community Service Form – Grades 11 and 12 ONLY
3. Text a picture of your form to 336-777-7140
4. Email a picture of your form to email@example.com
5. Fax it to 336.725.1321
6. Make a copy or take a picture of the form for your records and mail it to Crosby Scholars Program, 2701 University Parkway, W-S, 27105
7. Make a copy or take a picture of the form for your records and submit it at your school’s student services office
Scholars who completed the Program during the previous school year may count hours volunteered after the previous year’s deadline, including summer hours, toward the following school year’s requirement.
Crosby Scholars staff typically requires that student community service hours are completed with an approved non-profit agency or organization. We have relaxed the community service requirement for the 2020-21 year, and we will continue to operate under the new guidelines until it is safe for students to volunteer in the community again. We appreciate that scholars are committed to completing the requirement this year and want to allow for students to be creative and innovative in their approach to volunteering. For the 2020-21 year, students will be allowed to submit hours for volunteering in their neighborhood such as assisting neighbors with yard work, cleaning up the neighborhood park etc. We will also accept hours assisting younger siblings with online school work and projects. Community service hours will not be accepted for routine chores or babysitting performed in their own home.
Due to our non-profit status, we are unable to accept volunteering on the political campaign of a specific candidate as community service.
If you have questions about whether your community service idea meets the requirement for the Program, please contact the Crosby Scholars Program at 336.725.5371. Crosby Scholars Program staff reserves the right to determine if a community service activity fulfills our requirement