Grade Advisor Training Webinars:
Realizing that college preparation must begin early, Program staff assigns all high school scholars in grades 9 through 11 to a volunteer Crosby Scholars Grade Advisor.
Crosby scholars meet in groups monthly from October through May led by Grade Advisors. Each Grade Advisor hosts five meetings. Grade Advisors share positive personal, social, and educational experiences with their scholars. They help Crosby Scholars achieve their post-secondary goals by leading discussions on grade-appropriate topics focused on the college admissions process. The topics build a foundation of knowledge that prepares the scholar for the Senior Program. Grade Advisor meetings are held on the high schools’ campuses. A handout is distributed at each meeting.
Handouts are posted on this page at the end of each month.
- The Grade Advisor Program was established to offer each underclassman Crosby Scholar the opportunity to meet with a volunteer advisor during the spring semester of each school year.
- Grade Advisor assignments are based on the scholar's grade and high school. Each scholar is notified by email when his/her Grade Advisor assignment has been confirmed.
- Grade Advisor meetings are group meetings and therefore are not rescheduled unless school is closed or after school activities are cancelled by the school.
- Topics discussed at Grade Advisor meetings prepare scholars for the college admissions process.
- Meetings begin in October (for juniors) and January (for sophomores and freshmen) with a kick-off pizza party and are held monthly.
- We conclude the program with an End-of-Year Reception. February (Juniors) and May (Freshman and Sophomores)
- Scholars are required to register through their student portal to attend meetings #1 (pizza party) and #5 (End-of-Year recepton) only. Online registration is not required to attend meetings #2, #3, and #4.
- Meetings are held after school, at school, and last approximately 30 to 40 minutes with the exception of Early College, QEA, Kenndey, Paisly, and WSPA.
- Attendance is taken at each meeting and is recorded in our office.
- To be excused from a meeting, a scholar will need to stop by the meeting to pick up the handouts and to notify the advisor that he/she cannot attend the meeting.
- Meeting dates are posted and announced at the high schools in addition to being posted in the student portals.
- Scholars can check the Crosby board at their high school and listen to or read the announcements for meeting information.