Attending the Mandatory Rising Senior Meeting was the final requirement of the Junior Program. Now that you have fulfilled that requirement, we have a lot to do, so let's get started with the first requirement of the Senior Program! Every senior in the Class of 2018 must schedule and attend a Mandatory Senior Meeting. Beginning on June 12, call our office at 336.725.5371 to schedule your meeting. Once it's scheduled, you can view your meeting date and time when you log into your Croby portal - just visit the My Status page. This requirement will remain on alert status in your Crosby portal until after you have attended the meeting.
Now that you have learned about the Senior Program and how we will guide you through the college admission process, it's time to schedule your Mandatory Senior Meeting. This meeting provides you with the opportunity to meet one-on-one with a Crosby summer counselor to evaluate your target list of colleges, review your SAT and/or ACT scores and your plan to retake both? either?, discuss your senior course selection, fall timeline, names of teachers/counselors/etc. to write letters of recommendation for you, and examine your activities resume.
- Meetings are held in our office on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. - 2701 University Parkway inside the Goodwill Industries Building, A number of evening meetings are available - if you need an evening meeting time, call as close to June 12 as you can.
- Meetings begin on June 19 and end on August 18
- If you will not be in W-S during that time, send an e-mail to email@example.com to learn how to complete this requirement
- Each meeting is one hour in length
- Before July 21, call the Crosby Scholars office to schedule your meeting, the sooner you call the more flexibility there is to selecting a day/time convenient for you
- Once you have scheduled your meeting, we will send a confirmation e-mail to you. One week prior to your meeting, we will mail a reminder postcard to you. You can view your meeting date and time when you log into your Croby portal - just visit the My Status page.
- We expect you to attend the meeting at your scheduled time, if you cannot attend your meeting, call our office to reschedule your meeting at least 24 hours prior to the meeting - be sure to arrive at the time noted on your confirmation postcard
- As a senior, you are required to attend this meeting, not your parent/guardian
- Receive details about your free online senior notebook
- Receive your free senior T-shirt (ordered online)
- All Crosby summer counselors are not Crosby Senior Advisors - the counselor you meet with this summer is not necessarily the one you will meet with during the school year, if you have asked to be assigned a Senior Advisor
- Come prepared - bring the following documents to your meeting!
- target list of colleges
- draft of activities resume unless it is posted in your Crosby portal
- copy of official SAT/ACT scores aside from the March ACT score from the test you took at school
- list of individuals to ask to write you a letter of recommendation