View Community Service Opportunities ∨
Click here to download a community service form for the 2018-19 school year!
October's Community Service Contest - Scholars who submit a community service form directly to our office by 5pm on October 31 will be entered to win 1 of 24 $10 gift cards to Dairi-O!
Grades 11 - 12: January 31, 2019
Grades 9 - 10: March 6, 2019
Grades 6 - 8: April 3, 2019
Crosby Scholars are required to complete two hours of community service, although five are recommended. Scholars must submit a form documenting their hours that includes a signature of the person in charge of the service activity by the deadline noted above. The form can be submitted various ways: drop it off at the Crosby Scholars office; upload the form to the My Documents page (drop down of My Crosby page) of your Crosby Scholars Student Portal; take a picture of the form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org; fax it to 336.725.1321; send via US mail or turn it in to your school counseling office.
Scholars who completed the Crosby Scholars Program during the previous school year may count hours volunteered after the previous year's deadline, including summer volunteer hours, toward the following school year's requirement.
Community service must be performed with a non-profit agency or be an activity that benefits a non-profit agency. The volunteer commitment can be fulfilled through scouts, school clubs, civic organizations, and/or certain church activities. While membership in a club or organization does not count as service, volunteering in the community in a club-sponsored activity does. For example, being a member of a youth choir doesn't count, but singing at a nursing home with the choir qualifies as service hours. Due to our non-profit status, we are unable to accept volunteering on the political campaign of a specific candidate as community service.
If you have questions about whether your community service idea meets the requirement for the Program, please contact Crosby Scholars at 336.725.5371. Crosby Scholars Program staff reserves the right to determine if a community service activity fulfills our requirement.
Community Service Opportunities
The following service opportunities are submitted by local agencies and organizations. They are options only and certainly not the only community service activities available to Crosby Scholars.
- Lewisville Elementary Fall Festival- Nov 2
- Haunted Clubhouse- Abbington Gardens Oct 29
- Middle Fork Elementary Fall Festival November 2
- Fall Festival- New Philadelphia Moravian Preschool Oct 26
- The Crafty Llama Art, Craft, and Vintage Market Nov 3
- Sedge Garden Elementary Fall Festival - Oct. 20
- Kaleideum Truck & Treat BOOsted- Oct 21
- Vienna Elementary School Fall Festival - Oct 21
- Student Panel- Strengthening Families Program
- Drop-in Spooky Gingerbread House Workshop- Kaleideum Downtown
- Sensory Friendly Night: Halloween Adventure Kaleideum Downtown
- Gingerbread House Workshop-Kaleideum Downtown
- Mistletoe Run 5K and Half Marathon
- The Family Support Network of Greater Forsyth - ongoing dates
- Helping Hands 4 Paws (Petsmart adoption center) - ongoing opportunity
- Forsyth Humane Society - ongoing
- Betty and Jim Holmes Food Bank Garden - Ongoing Event
- H.O.P.E. of Winston Salem - ongoing opportunity
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC - Ongoing Event
- Piedmont Wind Symphony - Ongoing Event
- Rising Ebenezer Baptist Church - Happy Hill Cemetery Beautification - Ongoing Event
- Cookie/Cake Baking- Trellis Supportive Care
- Winston-Salem Symphony Youth Orchestras
- Winston-Salem Symphony Administrative & Office/Music Library
- Winston-Salem Symphony Office & Concert Volunteering
- Winston-Salem Symphony Instrument Petting Zoo
- Winston-Salem Symphony Discovery Series Concerts
- Diaper Bank of North Carolina - ongoing opportunities
- Cook Elementary School - ongoing opportunities
- Salem Band- ongoing opportunities
- Riverwood Therapeutic Riding Center- ongoing opportunities
- Winston-Salem Symphony- ongoing opportunities
- Next Step Ministries Thrift Store
- Educator Warehouse - ongoing volunteer opportunities
- Bermuda Commons Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Quad Fusion Jr. Roller Derby ongoing volunteer opportunities
- Ronald McDonald House- ongoing opportunities
- iCan House
- North Carolina Black Repertory Company - ongoing activities
- YWCA/Best Choice Center
- Computer Training Bridge
- Habitat for Humanity of Forsyth County
- Simon's Green Acre Community Garden
- SECU Family House - ongoing opportunities
- Project Brotherly Love - ongoing opportunity